Join Mark on the ever-popular Festival of Wildlife to Spitzbergen, Arctic Norway, concentrating on polar bears, walruses, vast seabird colonies, glaciers and glorious icy landscapes. He will be joined by a team of expert naturalists and wildlife photographers for a truly informative, fun and inspiring adventure.
• Spitsbergen and the surrounding archipelago and pack ice are home to an impressive concentration of polar bears.
• Other wildlife that we hope to see includes walrus, bearded seals, humpback whales, belugas, reindeer, Arctic foxes, Atlantic puffins, huge colonies of kittiwakes, guillemots and other seabirds, and much more.
• An exclusively chartered ice-strengthened ship, Ocean Adventurer, allows us to be flexible with our expedition so we can see as much wildlife as possible.
• The vessel offers fantastic opportunities to view wildlife from its extensive deck areas, but in true expedition fashion, when possible, we will take to small zodiacs to observe the wildlife at closer quarters.
• An expert expedition team, comprising specialists in such fields as marine biology, ornithology and polar history, and we will also be accompanied by our own Festival of Wildlife Team, who, in addition to helping us search for the regions famed wildlife inhabitants, will deliver a unique series of talks, presentations, workshops and master classes.
Group size 124 people
Cost per person From £5,995 per person, including international flights (less £495 per person excluding international flights)
Availability Places still available
Organised by Wildlife Worldwide T: +44 (0) 1962 302 086
We use the World Land Trust’s Carbon Balanced programme which enables travellers to offset their residual greenhouse gas emissions through the protection and restoration of carbon-rich wildlife habitats in the tropics.
Click here to donate.