A wonderfully relaxing land-based tour – for a group of only eight people – to snorkel with friendly sperm whales in the crystal clear waters of Dominica. We have special permits (very few permits are issued and we are lucky to get them). We’ll stay in a hotel on the beach and have our own specially chartered boat – during peak season – to snorkel with sperm whales and see a variety of other tropical whales and dolphins.
• A thrilling and exclusive experience to be able to swim with these very gentle giants (which happen to be the largest toothed animal on Earth). To have close eye contact with these beautiful and intelligent animals is unforgettable...
• Stay in cottages, which open straight onto a glorious Caribbean beach.
• Mark helped kickstart Dominica's whale-watching industry back in the 1990s, which is why we have the sought-after permits to swim with the whales – it is all highly regulated and the whales' welfare is, of course, paramount.
• A small group to enable maximum amount of time in the water (just 2 people plus guide at a time, in rotation).
• Hopefully see other whale species that frequent Dominica, such as short-finned pilot whales, pygmy sperm whales and a host of tropical dolphins, including spinner, pantropical spotted, Fraser’s, bottlenose and Risso’s; also Bryde’s whales, humpback whales and Cuvier’s beaked whales.
Group size 8 people per groupCost per person (excluding flights) £6,695
6-14 January 2024 fully booked (waitlists available)
15-23 January 2024 fully booked (waitlists available)
24 January-1 February 2024 fully booked (waitlists available)
2-10 February 2024 1 female place available
Please contact Rachel Ashton for more information
T: +44 (0) 117 904 8934 / +44 7791-058-342 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the World Land Trust’s Carbon Balanced programme which enables travellers to offset their residual greenhouse gas emissions through the protection and restoration of carbon-rich wildlife habitats in the tropics.
Click here to donate.