Baja California, on the Pacific coast of Mexico, is one of the best places in the world (if not the best) for whale and dolphin watching. During this superb holiday, we hope to see as many as 10-15 different cetacean species – as well as a host of other wildlife – and are likely to have life-changing encounters with some of the largest and most inquisitive animals
on the planet. Mark has been whale-watching for more than 30 years in more than 50 countries, and in his opinion, Baja is by far the best place for the closest and most varied encounters with a wide variety of species. He was among the first to start whale-watching tours there, leading trips in the region up to four times a year during the prime whale-watching season, every year, since 1999.
• Fabulous whale watching with a good
variety of whales and dolphins and life-changing close encounters with some of
the largest animals on the planet.
• Good chance of seeing blue, humpback, fin, grey and sperm whales, among others.
• Explore off-the-beaten-track islands on both sides of Baja California.
• An exclusively chartered boat with a highly experienced crew.
• Wide variety of other wildlife includes California sea lions and Guadalupe fur seals, northern elephant seals, whale sharks, Munk’s pygmy devil rays, blue-footed boobies, Laysan albatrosses, black-footed albatrosses, magnificent frigatebirds, red-billed tropicbirds and hummingbirds.
• Shore walks and snorkelling (including with whale sharks and California sea lions).
8-20 Feb; 23 Feb-7 Mar; 10-22 Mar; 25 Mar-6 Apr; 9-21 Apr
23 Feb-7 Mar; 10-22 Mar; 25 Mar-6 Apr
Group size 27 people
Cost per person for 2022 £5,795 (excluding flights)
Cost per person for 2023 £5,995 (excluding flights)
Availability in 2022 (waitlists available)
8-20 Feb : fully booked
23 Feb-7 Mar: 1 single female place
10-22 Mar: fully booked
25 Mar-6 Apr: fully booked
9-21 Apr : 2 places
Availability in 2023
Places on all three trips
Click here for 2020 season's highlights
Please contact Rachel Ashton for more information
T: +44 (0) 117 904 8934 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we can run a holiday safely, we will. But if we do have to cancel because of Covid-19, we offer you a simple choice: either a full refund (within 14 days) or the option of transferring to a future trip with The Whale Watch Company (if you transfer to the same trip the following year or the year after we’ll honour the price you originally paid).
We also strongly recommend you book flights via an agent such as Trailfinders rather than direct with an airline. And we strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance in place with Covid-19 protection (in case you have to cancel even if the trip is running) through a company such as Trailfinders Insurance, Campbell Irvine and P J Hayman.
We use the World Land Trust’s Carbon Balanced programme which enables travellers to offset their residual greenhouse gas emissions through the protection and restoration of carbon-rich wildlife habitats in the tropics.
Click here to donate.